Okay, now you’re ready to go!
A good place to start is with a manuscript evaluation. To understand what kinds of editing and services might be recommended, we read significant portions of the manuscript and then produce a written assessment. We will be honest and candid about its strengths and weaknesses, and give you constructive suggestions on the services we provide that will significantly improve the content. It is our goal to have your voice heard by the reader, as you intend.
Our Process: From Draft to Published
Here is a quick list with the bite-size pieces that can be included in bringing your work from draft to published. Please remember that we will work with you to customize what you want and need.
- Editing – There are five types of editing: developmental, stylistic, content, copy, and proofreading. The goal is to maximize coherence and flow.
- Copyright and Permissions – Do you need help sourcing your facts or getting permission for quotes? We will advise where this might be needed, and we can also manage it for you.
- Bibliography, References, and Index – These are three things to think about your and your book’s credibility.
- Illustrations – We partner with illustrators and graphic designers to identify and address your needs.
- Print, e-Book, or Both? While many people still love the touch-and-feel experience of reading print books, millions have turned to e-readers for their reading enjoyment. We partner with printers and we handle e-book publishing and digital distribution in-house.
No matter where you are at in terms of a book, from idea to finished manuscript, we are delighted to talk with you.